What Are The 3 Main Reasons For Divorce – Look Here For Answers.
By Ronald Kennedy
Published October 16, 2022
Regarding Couples Divorcing, Reasons Could Vary By The Handful
Married couples look forward to living out their marriage vows. Unfortunately, things don’t always turn out the way you’d like. Once couples get comfortable with one another, not to mention time together, things slowly start arising which one or the other starts complaining about.
Research has shown ‘the number 3 reasons’ that drives a ‘Stake in the Heart’ of Any relationship (Marriage or just ‘shacking up’):
1) “Lack of Communication.”
You may ask how lack of communication can affect a marriage? It creates escalated conflicts. A negative perspective of your partner. Good communication is an important part of all relationships and is an essential part of any healthy partnership. When there is No communication in relationships, couples have no room to compromise.
If you can’t meet in the middle over certain issues in your marriage, you are essentially Invalidating your partner’s wants, needs, and feelings. This can be very dangerous to the success of a relationship.
How couples can communicate better?
Among the top 10 effective communication techniques for couples are listening, fighting fair, getting the facts, caring, honesty, respecting, observing, obtaining third party interventions and active participation.
What does poor communication in a relationship look like?
Signs of bad communication in a relationship: Criticizing or belittling each other. Getting defensive. Stonewalling (i.e., giving the cold shoulder) Passive aggression.
Can lack of communication ruin a relationship?
Some of the ways poor communication can affect a relationship include: Resentment towards one another. Focusing on the negative aspects of the relationship. Lack of relational growth.
Can a relationship survive without good communication?
Being able to have heart-to-heart talks about big issues, as well as open and honest communication about everything, including the little things ( even, and especially, the irritating things) is vital to any healthy relationship.
What kills communication in marriage?
This is one of the most common barriers to effective communication in marriage. You need to choose the right time to talk, If you are feeling hungry, worried, anxious, sad, exhausted or sick, this is not the right time for effective communication.
Infidelity – also referred to as cheating or adultery – describes the act engaging in emotional or sexual intimacy with someone outside the agreed – upon boundaries of your marriage or relationship. Each case of infidelity is different and fulfills a different need. Infidelity may or may not involve sexual encounters, and can happen in person or online.
What is considered infidelity in a marriage?
What is infidelity you may ask? Here it is: Infidelity, or cheating, is the act of being unfaithful to a spouse or other partner. It typically means engaging in sexual or romantic relations with a person other than one’s significant other, breaking a commitment or promise in the act.
What’s the difference between infidelity and adultery?
The difference between adultery and infidelity is that adultery often refers to a physical relationship outside of marriage. It occurs when one partner is sexually involved with another without their partner’s consent. Unlike adultery, infidelity can be physical, emotional, or both.
What are examples of infidelity?
7 Types of Infidelity:
- Physical infidelity: Physical or sexual connection outside of the relationship…
- Emotional infidelity: Emotional attachment or intimacy with another person…
- Cyber infidelity: Social media has made it easier for people to engage in online messages, chats, forums, or groups with sexual content (And lets not forget straight out, self physical ‘cyber sex’ and viewing Porn)
- Object infidelity: Having an obsession or interest outside of the relationship which can result in what’s known as an object affair. When one partner is so into their work, phone or some other hobbies, this causes a distraction from the relationship.
- Financial infidelity: Money can become a point of contention for many relationships. Deceitfulness regarding about how much your partner earns, how they made it, how they spend their money or loan it out, etc; affects relationships most of the time. Everyone expects honesty, but when your spouse keeps a hidden bank account from you that pretty much kills all honesty.
- Micro-cheating: A term for actions that bother a partner, such as flirting, but there’s no intention of stray outside the relationship.
- Combined infidelity: When the infidelity includes more than one type. Many infidelities include elements of both sexual and emotional intimacies.
What percentage of marriages survive infidelity?
Research shows that close to 25% of marriages stay together after an instance of cheating. And more men than women stay married when they are the cheating partner (61% vs. 44%)
What is the main reason for infidelity?
An analysis revealed eight key reasons: anger, self-esteem, lack of love, low commitment, need for variety, neglect, sexual desire, and situation or circumstance. You can date after divorce and not feel guilty. Just get the divorce first.
How long does a marriage last after infidelity?
A study conducted by the American Psychological Association showed that among married couples who experienced infidelity but then underwent couples therapy, 53% were divorced after 5 years. By comparison, only 23% of couples who did not experience an affair were divorced after 5 years, which is a huge disparity.
What should you NOT do after infidelity?
10 common marriage reconciliation mistakes to avoid AFTER infidelity:
- Don’t Ask Too Many Questions…
- Don’t Ask Too Few Questions…
- Refrain From Taking Revenge…
- Don’t Let It Go If You’re Not ready…
- Though Difficult, Don’t Let Paranoia Rule…
- Don’t Involve The Children…
- Don’t Dole Out Emotional Attacks…
- Don’t Refuse To Seek Help…
- Don’t Involve Casual Friends And Coworkers…
- Keep It Off Social Media…
Summary: Boredom, not only conflicts, causes couples to lose interest in their marriage, new findings indicate. Feeling bored in your relationship may be a reflection of being bored in general. One way to change this is to shake up your everyday routines.
Instead of eating at the same places, consider going somewhere new as a couple. Find a new hobby that the two of you can try together. The study also indicated that greater boredom in year seven predicted significantly less satisfaction at year 16.
Is boredom in marriage normal?
It isn’t unusual for relationships to get boring from time to time. Sometimes it can be a sign that you need to take steps to reinvigorate the relationship, but at other times it can be a sign of something more serious. Feeling bored The key to addressing it is to open up a line of communication with your partner.
What causes boredom in marriage?
Emotional intimacy is just as important as physical intimacy, and relationship stagnation can often be caused by a partner’s inability or unwillingness to share their emotions. Sometimes, relationship boredom can be caused by not having enough activities to share with your partner.
No relationship is perfect! There will be happy times and lousy times. According to various studies, always remember that the common causes of divorce are conflict, arguing, irretrievable breakdown in the relationship, lack of commitment, infidelity, and lack of physical intimacy. The least common reasons are lack of shared interests and incompatibility between partners. Also, keep in mind that these type of situations can bring on stress, anxiety and low self-esteem. Not good for your mental health, but there’s always a solution.